Website Baptist Homes
- RN license through college, associate degree, or three-year diploma school; one year related experience and/or training as a supervisor in a long-term care facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Rehabilitative and restorative nursing skills preferred. Knowledge and experience related to the physical and emotional needs of the elderly, as well as knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care. Computer skills preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Proficient communication skills and the ability to effectively relate, present information, and respond tactfully to questions from residents, families, administration, medical staff, nursing personnel, other department supervisors and the general public. Desire to work with the elderly using high nursing skills and standards. Possession of leadership, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to patiently and tactfully deal with resident or staff problems which usually involved several variables in standardized situations. Ability to make independent decisions.
- Current unencumbered RN, CPR Certification, IV Therapy Certification.
Job Summary: Responsible for assuring that every resident on the unit consistently receives the highest possible standard of care, with the goal of enabling each resident to reach his or her maximum potential level of functioning in an atmosphere of respect and dignity. Is the “team leader” of the staff on the unit, and is responsible for the day-today support and coaching of his/her staff. Responsible for assuring the compliance with all applicable regulations, including state and federal nursing home licensure standards. Responsible for assuring the provision of care consistent with the Mission and Vision Statements of he Baptist Homes, as established by the Homes’ Board of Directors by performing the following duties.
Performance Expectations: The incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in the essential functions of this position as outlined in the job description. As applicable, the incumbent must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the residents served in his/her assigned area.
To apply for this job please visit baptisthomes.org.