The Baptist Senior Family seeks a full-time Vice President of Human Resources who be responsible for all aspects of human resource management, employee development, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. The Vice President of Human Resources will report directly to the President & CEO of Baptist Senior Family.
The successful candidate will have past experience in the job responsibilities as detailed below and will also have a desire to develop employees and be their champion. The Vice President of Human Resources will be the key partner in ensuring a well-trained, highly motivated, and committed employee population of around 475.
Baptist Senior Family is a not-for-profit corporation based in the South Hills of Pittsburgh that operates two long-term care communities (Baptist Homes in Mt. Lebanon and Providence Point in Scott Township) as well as a management company, foundation, and home health organizations.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Administer and/or oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development;
- Create recruitment, training, and hiring processes;
- Develop recruiting relationships to ensure no or minimal job vacancies;
- Develop talent management system to ensure high quality employees in all positions;
- Managing the human resource staff to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of work;
- Ensuring all employee evaluations and employee coaching is done in a timely manner and offering coaching training to managers;
- Oversee all employee disciplinary action and terminations in accordance with Baptist Senior Family policy;
- Conduct the annual employee satisfaction survey and develop processes and strategies to improve future results;
- As part of senior leadership help develop goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention;
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- Oversee all employee benefit and retirement programs and renegotiating contracts when appropriate;
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
- Develop and implement departmental budget and assist the rest of the organization with developing their budget as it relates to people;
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff; and,
- Performs other duties as required.
The Vice President of Human Resources will also be a member of the senior management team that develops and provides strategic direction for the Baptist Senior Family.
The successful Vice President of Human Resources will possess skills related to:
- Excellent track record of developing and encouraging employees to excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate;
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; and,
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree a plus;
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required;
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is a plus; and,
- Previous experience in long-term care is a plus.
The Vice President of Human Resources will be based at the Corporate Headquarters in Bridgeville, PA. The position will require frequent travel to the Baptist Senior Family communities and occasional travel in the greater Pittsburgh area. There will also be infrequent overnight travel to professional conferences or other industry events.
Baptist Senior Family offers a flexible work schedule and a great benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage; generous paid time off; strong 403b retirement savings plan with company match and profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance and long-term disability; free on-site fitness center; tuition assistance and more.
Base salary will be based on experience with the opportunity to earn incentive compensation based on accomplishment of Baptist Senior Family strategic goals. Please include your salary requirements with your indication of interest.